The Irish Lacrosse League welcomes you to 2011 and hope you’re all set for an exciting second half
to the ILL season 2010-11. In two weeks time, Gormanston College will again play host to the league.
In addition to the remaining 10 games of the league, this spring will also see a landmark event, with
the launch of our new championship style competition, the Newtownards Cup. This men’s 8aside
tournament provides teams with another shot at silverware for the 2010-11 season.
Check out the schedule for Saturday, February 5th 2011, including the draw for the Newtownards
Cup quarter finals. Galway Lacrosse will receive a bye into the semi-finals of the competition:
10am ILL Galway vs Dublin
11am ILL Prawns vs UCD
12pm ILL Trinity/Queens vs Galway
1pm Cup UCD A vs Dublin
2pm Cup Queens vs UCD B
3 pm Cup Prawns vs Trinity
The semi-finals of the Newtownards Cup will be held at Queens University Belfast (March 5th) and
the final will be hosted by University College Dublin (April 2nd).
The women’s tournament will coincide with the first trial for the Irish Women’s Development team,
which will be held from 10am – 12pm. The women’s ILL games will be held from 1pm – 4pm, with
players from UCD, Dublin, Trinity, Cork, Galway and Queens University Belfast.
See you all on February 5th!
– ILL Chairman
Directions to Gormanston College, Co. Meath, Ireland:
Travelling on the M1, heading North or South.
From the M1 take Exit 6 for Balbriggan and Naul
• As you come off the ramp, turn East towards Balbriggan onto the R122
• About 2 km ahead there is a large roundabout; go straight through the roundabout
• Immediately on exiting the roundabout turn left onto the L1130 for Gormanston
• Continue straight for about 3 km. The main entrance to Gormanston College is on your left,
marked by a mosaic of St Francis
• Follow the driveway and after passing the castle on the left, turn right to the main entrance
to the College