Ireland Lacrosse is pleased to announce the details of the trials for the Irish Men’s Under-19 National Lacrosse Team due to participate in the 2016 Under-19 World Lacrosse Championships in Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada from 7-16 July 2016. This will be the first time that an Irish national team will compete in an under-19 world lacrosse championship event.
The trials for the 2016 Ireland Men’s Under-19 National Lacrosse Team will be held on Friday, 26th June until Sunday, 28th June 2015 at the University of Limerick in Ireland.
The trials will take place on campus at the University of Limerick. Player-candidates will be required to check-in at the Sports Pavilion on the North Campus (see #36 on the campus map at http://www2.ul.ie/pdf/335056686.pdf). Note that there are two sports buildings on campus – the Sports Pavilion is on the north side of the River Shannon (the building on the south side of campus is the Sports Club and is the one with the 50m swimming pool).
Note that these times may be subject to change – any such change will be posted at www.irelandlacrosse.ie.
|Friday, 26th June 2015||7:00pm-8:00pm||Registration – Sports Pavilion (North Campus)|
|8:00pm- 10:00pm||On-Field – All-Weather 4G Rugby pitch|
|Saturday, 27th June 2015||10:00am-1:00pm
|On-Field – All-Weather 4G Rugby pitch|
|Sunday, 28th June 2015||10:00am-12:00noon||On-Field – All-Weather 4G Rugby pitch|
Registration and Payment
Player-candidates must register online at http://www.irelandlacrosse.ie/home/?page_id=2917.
The Selection Camp Registration Fee is now €100 or USD$120 (including registration on the first day of the trials). Payment may be made via PayPal to email@example.com or to undertake a bank transfer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request the relevant account information. Please ensure that you include the name of the player-candidate in the narrative for the payment so that it can be identified. Player-candidates must also be members of the Irish Lacrosse Foundation or Ireland Lacrosse to be eligible to tryout for the team – the online registration form and online payment facility for Ireland Lacrosse Membership is at http://www.irelandlacrosse.ie/home/?page_id=3015.
To be eligible for the 2016 Irish U-19 Team:
- You must hold an Irish Passport;
- You must have a parent or grandparent born on the island of Ireland;
- You must be a resident of the island of Ireland (and able to provide documentary evidence of this) for a minimum of 12 months between 1st January 2015 and 6th July 2016.
- You must have been born between 1st September 1996 and 6th July 2000;
- Players born after 1st September 1994 (and before 6th July 2000) are also eligible for this team provided that they have been or will be a resident of the island of Ireland (and are able to provide documentary evidence of this) for a minimum of 12 months within the period 1st January 2015 to 6th July 2016.
Each player-candidate is responsible for bringing their own equipment and should bring footwear suitable for playing on all-weather artificial (4G) grass. Each player will be given a numbered, reversible Ireland Lacrosse pinney included as part of their registration fee.
Following the tryout weekend, there will be a U-19 boys invitational tournament called the Celtic Open, also taking place at the University of Limerick, from 2-4 July 2015. Players who take part in the tryout are encouraged to participate in this tournament – Ireland Lacrosse will be entering one or more teams in this tournament and will allocate such players to one of these teams accordingly. You may notify us that you will be available and interested in participating in the Celtic Open tournament through the online registration form, following which you will be provided with the relevant information on the tournament package for tryout participants. Further information about the Celtic Open 2015 is available at http://www.sportstoursireland.com/u19-boys-lacrosse-tournament-limerick-july-201/ and at http://globalfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Website-Forms-Celtic-Open.pdf.
Player-candidates are responsible for their own accommodation during the tryout. Where a player-candidate intends to participate in the Celtic Open tournament, an accommodation package will be included as part of this covering the duration of the tournament. Ireland Lacrosse has identified a number of hotels that are located nearby:
- Castletroy Park Hotel (http://www.castletroypark.ie/) – Ireland Lacrosse has secured a special rate with this hotel which is located directly across from the front gates of the University of Limerick. Please quote booking reference number 142632 when booking. A limited number of rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Maldron Hotel Limerick (http://www.maldronhotellimerick.com/index.html)
- Kilmurray Lodge Hotel (http://www.kilmurrylodge.com/)
- Cappavilla Conference Apartments (http://www.easytobook.com/en/ireland/limerick/limerick/university-of-limerick-villages-200055/)
- Travelodge Limerick Castletroy (http://www.travelodge.ie/hotels/book/Limerick-hotels?gclid=CMXe8ZXmjsMCFcKx2wodOqUAHA)