Hot off the heels of the men’s U19 team’s performance at the World U19 Championships in Canada, the Irish Men’s Senior National Team departs for Hungary this weekend for the European Championships. The tournament takes place in Gödöllő, Hungary from 28 July-6 August and the Irish team will be holding its training camp in Gödöllő from 23 July.
Information about the players and coaches is at 2016 Men’s Senior National Team. Information about the tournament is at EC2016.
The fundraising efforts for the team will continue throughout the event – please support the team by donating at https://www.gofundme.com/288uhmc.
(note: all times are local times, 1 hour ahead of Irish time)
- Saturday, 23 July: Team arrival and start of training camp
- Thursday, 28 July: 1.30pm Ireland v. Scotland; 4pm Opening Ceremonies
- Friday, 29 July: 2.45pm Ireland v Austria
- Saturday, 30 July: 5.45pm Ireland v Wales
- Monday, 1 August: 10am Ireland v Denmark
- Tuesday, 2 August: 1.15pm Ireland v Norway
- Wed-Fri, 3-5 Aug: schedule depends on preliminary results
- Saturday, 6 Aug: 2pm 3rd place game; 5pm Final
Follow the team throughout the campaign via Facebook and Twitter.
Come On You Boys In Green!