The Women’s National Team is soliciting communications interns for the 2017 World Cup in Surrey, Guilford, UK. Below you will find the overview of the internship.
Dates: 1 December 2016 – 1 August 2017
Location: Primarily working from home, on-going coordination with colleagues in the USA, Ireland and UK; opportunities for travel to Ireland and the UK.
Internship Objectives and Anticipated Outcomes
The objectives for this Communications Internship are as follows:
- To implement and enhance Ireland Lacrosse’s communications and media strategies, including through its website and all social media channels;
- To consolidate and enhance the system for ongoing management of Ireland Lacrosse membership, including expansion of membership numbers and enhancement of membership benefits;
- To market, promote, and fundraise for Ireland Lacrosse, build a database of key contacts and develop strategic relationships with key individuals and external agencies;
- To engage, in particular, with the Irish Senior Women’s National Team as it prepares to compete in the 2017 World Cup in Surrey, England from 12-22 July 2017, and to attend that tournament with the team (and receive all team uniform/apparel/equipment items) pending achievement of specific targets in relation to the internship objectives (specifically fundraising).
Skill Sets: This list is a general collection of ideas, not a checklist; above all else, we want enthusiastic and dedicated interns. Clear written & verbal communication – the ability to write press releases, answer media requests, live tweet games, et al. Social media prowess – engage followers & increase audience. Ability to network and fundraise – targeted-giving & corporate donors. Familiarity with Word Press. Knowledge of the women’s game.
1 December 2016 – commencement of internship / planning meeting / orientation
20-22 January 2017, Baltimore, MD, USA – US Lacrosse Convention
12-22 July 2017, Surrey, Guilford, UK – 2017 Women’s World Cup
Work Planning and Check-in Meetings: All Ireland Lacrosse WWC2017 business shared via Google Drive; periodic Skype/Google Hangout/other video calls, further meetings to be determined.
Applications from interested candidates should be sent to Catherine Conway (firstname.lastname@example.org) by
20 November 2016 1 December 2016. This should include:
- Resume/CV & cover letter
- 3 references
- €10 application fee sent via PayPal to Ireland Lacrosse (email@example.com)