May 17, 2017 – Women’s National Team High School Intern Program @ 2017 World Cup
Ireland Lacrosse is pleased to announce the availability of select intern positions with the Women’s National Team as they travel to and compete in the World Cup this summer in Guilford, Surrey, England! The Ireland Lacrosse intern program is designed to give qualified high school age applicants access to a high-level sports experience, a chance to learn team operations and to work in a professional sports environment. This is not only a unique opportunity, but also a great experience for a young player.
Dates: 12 July – 22 July 2017
Location: Surrey Sports Park; Guilford, Surrey, England
Highlights of the Internship Experience:
- Interns will practice and play with the team during the World Cup (** optional/additional participation in the pre-World Cup training camp in Dublin, Ireland 5 July – 9 July).
- Interns receive the National Team training apparel kit & equipment.
- All travel, accommodations and meals are included.
- Each Intern will work with an assigned staff member in an area of interest to them. Areas include: team liaison staff, team operations & management, physiotherapist/medical, or public & media relations.
- Each Intern spends one day with another National Team for added perspective and experience.
- The Internship program is chaperoned by the Ireland Lacrosse coaching staff:
- Sarah Walsh, Head Coach – St. Stephen’s St. Agnes (VA) Assistant Coach, Northwestern 2005
- Catherine Conway, Assistant Coach – Holy Child (NY) Head Coach, Boston College 2012
- Cacki Helmer, Assistant Coach – LeMoyne College Assistant Coach, Team STX member, Cornell 2012
- Hilary Bowen, Assistant Coach – Roosevelt High School (WA) Head Coach, Philadelphia Force, Northwestern 2009
- All Interns will receive a letter of recommendation from Ireland Lacrosse CEO Michael Kennedy & National Team Head Coach Sarah Walsh after the successful completion of the internship.
For additional information, pricing, and consideration, players should submit to their resume & letter of recommendation from their current lacrosse coach by 1 June 2017 , addressed to:
Assistant Coach, Women’s National Team
+1 (978) 621-8013