Ireland Lacrosse is pleased to announce the availability of intern positions across both our Men’s and Women’s National Lacrosse Teams. Interns will work with one of our National teams as they travel to and compete in a variety of international competitions in 2019. The Ireland Lacrosse intern program is designed to give qualified high school / college age (16+) applicants access to a high-level sports experience, a chance to learn team operations and to work in a professional sports environment.
We are looking for candidates who: are responsible, interested in lacrosse, savvy with social media, willing to fund-raise, and are keen to get involved.
Dates and locations of tournaments:
- Women’s Senior European Championships: Ashkelon / Netanya, Israel (July 16-25, 2019)
- Men’s U20 European Championships: Nymburg, CZ (July/Aug 2019 TBD)
- Women’s U19 World Championships: Peterborough, Canada (August 1-10, 2019)
- Men’s World Indoor Lacrosse Championships: Langley, BC, Canada (September 19-28, 2019)
The deadline for applications is: October 15th, 2018.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE:
- Interns receive all the same apparel and equipment package as a National Team Player
- Interns will practice and play with the team during the national team training camps (Men’s Teams only)
- Each Intern will work with an assigned staff member in an area of interest to them. Areas include team liaison staff, team management, physiotherapist/medical, team operations, or public & media relations
- Interns will be listed on the official team roster and in all media guides with their specific role title rather than “intern”
- All Interns will receive a letter of recommendation from Ireland Lacrosse CEO Michael Kennedy
- The Internship program is 100% chaperoned by the Ireland Lacrosse coaching staff
- All travel, accommodations and meals are included (In direct association with the event)
- The Internship program is part of Ireland Lacrosse’s fundraising initiative
- For information on Costs and more see contact information below
For more information and internship availability, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org