Ireland Lacrosse seeking Head Coach for Women’s Under-19 National Team
Ireland Lacrosse, the national governing body for the sport of lacrosse in Ireland, is seeking a Head Coach for the Women’s Under-19 National Team which is due to participate in the 2019 FIL Women’s Under-19 Lacrosse World Championships.
The 2019 FIL Women’s Under-19 Lacrosse World Championships will be taking place in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada from 1-10 August 2019. At present, there is no Irish Women’s Under-19 National Team, but the objective is to develop one in order to participate, for the first time, in the 2019 world championship event. Information on player eligibility is available at National Team Eligibility. In relation to age limitations and player eligibility, players must be born between 1 September 1999 and 30 July 2004, with the possibility for dispensation for up to a maximum of 6 roster spots for players born on or after 1 September 1997 who are Irish passport holders and resident in Ireland for a minimum of 12 of the preceding 18 months before the tournament in July/August 2019.
Criteria for Head Coach
- Three years coaching experience at secondary school (high school), club, collegiate, professional or international level;
- Member of Ireland Lacrosse (see Ireland Lacrosse Membership Form);
- Ireland Lacrosse Level Two Coaching Qualification or equivalent;
- Availability to assess player-candidates at ID Camps/Tryouts (including in Ireland) – dates to be determined;
- Availability to coach at designated training camps and at the 2019 FIL Women’s Under-19 Lacrosse World Championships.
- 5+ years of coaching experience, preferably at collegiate, professional or international level;
- Previous involvement in Ireland Lacrosse National Team programme (assistant coach, tryout assessor, etc.);
- Involvement in lacrosse development in Ireland (ILL, NILL, coaching, clinics, etc.);
- Playing experience at secondary school (high school), club, collegiate, professional or international level;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Applicants must complete the online Coach Application Form. Note that only correctly completed applications submitted through this form will be accepted. Please do not send letters or copies of CVs/Resumes to any member of Ireland Lacrosse. Individuals who may be interested in an Assistant Coach position with this team are also encouraged to apply and may designate on the form if they wish to be considered for the Head Coach position, an Assistant Coach position, or both. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 31 December 2016.